Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Well, I thought finding time keep this updated would be easier in the summer, but that has not been the case. Jake make it back from Boy Scout camp in one piece & had a good time. I have to admit, we may have overreacted just a bit when we dropped them off. I guess a boy's idea of a good time & a mom's are two different things. LOL Garrett enjoyed Camp Invention again this year, but said he probably would not be going back next year. As always, Pinelake's VBS was a big hit with the boys. Jake has been to VBS every year since he was 3 and looks forward to being a helper next year.

We spent last week in Bryson City, NC. Robert's sister, Alisa and her friend Cindy, met us there & my parents come up a day after us. It was beautiful and the weather was a little cooler. We tubed, whitewater rafted, fished and rode horses. We also spent a day at Dollywood and a day in Cherokee, NC.

Jake is at Camp Waukaway with the church for a few days and Garrett is getting ready to go to a film camp. They only did two camps each and VBS this summer, but we sure have seemed to stay busy. I cannot believe school is just around the corner. It is hard to believe Jake will be in middle school, they grow up so fast. Garrett was telling me tonight that if feels like summer just started, I completely understand.

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Thanks for the comment. :) I, too, can't believe summer is almost over. :( I have so enjoyed being home w/my little one. I know Jake will be a mighty warrior for Christ in middle school! He must come back to visit. Glad to read that he made it back from camp in one piece. :)

Tate Family said...

LOVELOVELOVE the new header! It was easy, huh? :)