Sunday, June 1, 2008

Boy Scout Camp

Well, Cynthia and I drove the boys to Camp Comer Boy Scout Reservation in Mentone, AL (one hour from Chattanooga). The drive up the mountains was beautiful and the temperature dropped about 8 degrees. Having not visited many Scout Camps, you might say Cynthia and I were a little shocked at where we were leaving our boys. LOL (I can laugh now, we were NOT laughing yesterday) While we did not find anything with FUR living in their cabin (I use that term loosely, Cynthia said it is a tool shed from Home Depot), there were several wasps, spiders and roaches that had set up housekeeping there this spring.

We spent the night in Birmingham and were fully prepared to go back and pick them up today if we needed too. I finally got a text (thank goodness for technology & that we got him a phone)from Jake about 10:30 and we were two happy mama's! The boys are fine, having fun, but in need to something to kill spiders and a new lantern. We told them to tell Mr. Tim (their Troop Master) they need some stuff from the Dollar General in town, they have plenty money to get what they need. Seth's dad, Fred, is heading there Tuesday, so after that we can relax!





1 comment:

Tate Family said...

After seeing their sleeping headquarters, I can see why you'd be prepared to go back and get them early. Is this what I have to look forward to w/a boy??? ;)